KENNEWICK, Wash. - The last suspect allegedly involved in a September drive-by shooting has been booked into the Benton County Jail.
Javier Valdez was arrested by the US Marshal's Service in Pasco. The 24-year-old was booked for assault in the second degree and unlawful possession of a firearm in the first degree.
Valdez is the fifth suspect in the shooting. Four cars and two houses were hit near Eighth Avenue and Date Street on Sept. 22 in Kennewick. No one was injured.
Multiple suspects have been arrested since the shooting including Mitchell Talavera, Andres Tores-Rodriguez, Tomas Hinojosa Jr., and Nickolas Medelez.
Police say the shooting is gang-related.
- Criminal charges against Sheriff Jerry Hatcher to be dismissed, his defense attorney says
- East Valley High School classes canceled again on Thursday
- Local nonprofit empowering students with autism hosts open house this week
- 49-year-old woman dies while working at Hanford Site
- Blake Shelton bringing 'Friends and Heroes' tour to Spokane