SUNNYSIDE, Wash. - Benton County deputies are searching for a man they say shot a driver on I-82 Sunday morning.
Before 5:30 a.m., a driver called 911 and said he was shot by a passing car. They were going east on I-82 between mileposts 80 and 82, near Prosser.
The condition of the driver is not known. Upon further investigation, deputies identified the suspected shooter as 25-year-old Daniel Solis of Sunnyside.
The sheriff’s office said Solis leaned out the passenger window and shot the victim. A 17-year-old Sunnyside teen was also in the car with Solis, deputies say.
Deputies have not disclosed what the motive was.
If you know where Daniel Solis is located, call police immediately at (509) 628-0333.
- Reported illness among vapers reaches 150 possible cases
- Moses Lake Police arrest man who fell asleep in stolen car
- Court: Electoral College members not bound by popular vote
- Man arrested for brutal Kennewick assault that left victim injured in street
- Firefighters in Yakima working to keep kids safe as summer gives way to school