Yakima County Fire District #5 responded to a structure fire at a Baker Produce in Zillah on Sunday night. The fire led to a partial roof collapse and one minor injury.
Firefighters arrived to flames coming from a cold storage facility’s engine room on the backside of the building. They initially had minimal visibility.
The situation prompted firefighters to request a ladder truck from the Toppenish Fire Department.
Captain Dave Martin said in a news release the fire was difficult to put out because of “extreme temperatures” that led the facility’s water system to freeze. One firefighter slipped on ice and hurt his ankle.
Once the crew regained visibility, the fire department safely extinguished the fire.
- Woman's body found, seeking help for mother-in-law after car accident
- Kittitas County Sheriff's Deputies arrest murder suspect in death of Stephanie Curtis
- COMING UP ON GMNW @5: Coug Nation is mourning the loss of one of their own, hear from teammates
- Washington State quarterback Tyler Hilinski found dead in apartment
- Businesses join support for Washington carbon tax measure