YAKIMA, Wash. -- A 19-year-old man was arrested after Yakima police said he sexually assaulted a 12-year-old girl he met on Snapchat.
Police said Ulysses Medoza had been messaging the girl on the social media app before they met in person for the first time.
According to court documents, the girl met Mendoza after she ran away on July 30. That's when he drove her near In-N-Out Mart on Tieton Drive, forced her into the backseat and made unwanted sexual advances.
She told police he asked for sexual favors over the app as well.
The girl's mother took her to the Virginia Mason Memorial Hospital to be examined before an ER nurse called police to report she had been sexually assaulted.
Medoza faces charges of rape of a child in the second-degree and communication with a minor for immoral purposes. His bail was set at $25,000. His arraignment is set for Aug. 20 at 9 a.m.
- Suspect in fatal Kennewick shooting changes plea to guilty
- Coroner: WSU student died 4 hours before 1st 911 call
- "Cookie Monster": Man breaks window of West Richland restaurant, steals cookies
- (VIDEO) Visit Tri-Cities 'Get Your Geek On' music video aims to attract science-loving tourists
- Six student-made wines win awards at Tri-Cities Wine Festival