KENNEWICK, Wash. -- A felony assault suspect who police say assaulted a man, causing injuries to his head and face, was taken into custody while checking in with his parole officer.
Marcus William Dove, 39, is being held at the Benton County Jail on a second-degree assault charge for an incident that happened on July 20.
Q13 News reported that Dove is a high-violent offender with more than 50 prior convictions including assault, robbery, auto theft and possession of controlled substances.
Kennewick Police Lt. Aaron Clem said officers got a report of a possible fight in the street near Third Avenue and Washington Street at 7:20 p.m. When they arrived, a 31-year-old man was lying in the roadway with injuries.
The victim was transported to Trios Medical Center for treatment.
Dove was gone by the time officers arrived and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
- More construction starts Monday on George Washington Way
- JUST IN: Toppenish police arrest 18-year-old accused of shooting two people in 2018
- Spokane man thanks Apple Watch for saving father's life
- Man gets life for sex crimes involving 15-year-old in Portland
- City of Kennewick says 'leadership concerns' preceded fire chief's exit