KENNEWICK, Wash. - Kennewick Police Department arrested one man after he allegedly made threats to kill children.
Officers responded to several calls reporting the man threatening the 9-year-old children at the La Quinta Inn in Kennewick.
Police attempted contact at the room in question but received no answer. Police report due to the circumstance they made entry into the room to check the welfare of the children.
Officers found Bernardino Garza and the two children inside the room.
The children told police Garza threatened to kill them and would not allow them to answer the door when police arrived.
Garza was arrested and booked on threat charges.
- Officials say postal worker hoarded over 17K pieces of mail
- From a broken back to bodybuilding: Tri-Cities competitor hopes to go pro
- 3 Wapato High students invited by NASA to present 'Apples in Space' project
- Tourists kill kangaroo by throwing bricks, concrete chunks to make it hop
- Davis High School is working on a Veteran Memorial