FINLEY, Wash. - A man charged with multiple counts of child rape in Benton County was arrested Wednesday after trying to cross the U.S.-Mexico border.
Detectives say Salvador Lopez-Vidal, 23, had been under investigation since October. He’s accused of raping a child four times and molesting a child twice while living in Finley.
He left the area and the Benton County Sheriff’s Office determined he had fled to Mexico, according to a news release.
A nationwide extraditable arrest warrant was issued for the suspect’s arrest.
On Wednesday, Immigration Customs Enforcement Agents informed the Benton County Sheriff’s Office that he was arrested trying to reenter the United States at the San Diego border crossing.
Lopez-Vidal will be held at the San Diego County Jail until he is transported back to Benton County where he will stand trial.
- Otter on the loose found in West Richland
- Police investigating package thefts in West Richland
- Pasco police credit Griggs employees with shoplifting, narcotics arrest
- Court documents: Oregon man accused of assault said Taylor Swift told him to kill
- 'He had such a big heart': Kennewick woman remembers husband lost in ATV accident