A man died in custody of Oregon State Police on Saturday. Now, investigators are trying to put the pieces together.
They say 49-year-old Allen James Pitts of Salem was causing a disturbance at the Best Little Roadhouse, and management called police.
When officers arrived, a fight broke out.
Pitts was taken into custody, and then treated for a medical emergency.
Police say he died at Salem Hospital.
Now, detectives are trying to get in touch with anyone who may have gotten video of the incident, or who may have been with Pitts before his arrest.
If you can help, contact the OSP Northern Command Center at 1-800-442-2068 and request Detective Ted Moisan.
- Investors don't seem to know what to make of the US-China trade war
- FedEx CEO challenges New York Times to debate after critical story
- Health care jobs will keep US labor market going even in recession
- Washington state bans vapor products containing vitamin E acetate
- Columbia Basin College celebrates new food pantry for students