SELAH, Wash. -- Selah police say a man was fatally shot while practicing "disarming techniques" with a friend on Sept. 6.
Yakima County Coroner Jim Curtice identified the victim as Trent Price.
Officers responded to the incident in the 500 block of Selah Ave. at about 11:50 p.m.
According to a news release, the men had been practicing disarming techniques after watching them on YouTube. The gun was unloaded when they started practicing, then reloaded later in the night.
They started practicing again but failed to unload the gun, and a single round was fired, striking the victim.
Officers rendered first aid but were unsuccessful in reviving the man.
- Washington State Patrol probes vandalism at state Capitol
- Teenagers arrested for street racing that led to crash in Kennewick
- Fiat Chrysler labor talks with UAW could prove difficult
- New community-focused coffeehouse opens in Wapato
- Rattlesnake Mountain Crossfit moving to bigger facility in Richland