PASCO, Wash. - One person was injured when a semi-truck crashed into car whose driver fell asleep at the wheel on I-182 Tuesday afternoon.
Troopers say Florida resident Richard Zeman, 51, was eastbound on the freeway when he crossed into westbound lanes at milepost 13 around 3:30 p.m.
He was injured when his 1999 Dodge Durango was struck by a westbound semi, totaling the car. The driver of the semi was not injured
Zeman was transported to Kadlec Regional Medical Center in Richland for treatment, according the Washington State Patrol. The extent of his injuries were not released.
Zeman is being cited for negligent driving.
- Richland Police urging teen drivers to avoid distractions ahead of first day of school
- New 'Matrix' film set with Keanu Reeves and Lana Wachowski
- Benton Franklin Health District at daily capacity for back-to-school vaccinations
- Richland City Hall becomes HeartSafe campus thanks to the fire department
- Zillah, Selah schools no longer allow bouncy houses for events