The Walla Walla County Fire Department and Sheriffs have confirmed that a man was killed after being hit by a train near Boise Cascade, just outside of Burbank. We have learned that the man was working on the tracks when he got stuck and hit by the train. The accident remains under investigation.
UPDATE: We received a statement from the Union Pacific Railroad stating, we are saddened to report that today, around 5 a.m., a Union Pacific employee was fatally injured in the Wallula, WA, rail yard. The incident is under investigation and no details are available at this time. No other injuries were reported. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family, friends and coworkers of the employee. We will provide more information when it becomes available.
- SCHOOL DELAYS THURSDAY 2/22
- COMING UP ON GMNW @ 5: Emotional pleas from parents and students to make our schools safer
- City, county leaders clash over how to use $12 million in public safety tax money
- Mini donut truck from Yakima Valley to appear on Cooking Channel
- Prosser native turned NFL coach to be inducted in Boise State Hall of Fame