BENTON COUNTY, Wash. -- A 41-year-old man stole over $12,000 worth of tools from a local business where he used to work, according to the Benton County Sheriff’s Office.
The sheriff’s office has been investigating Richard Edward Thomas for the alleged theft since July.
Deputies said he's believed to have stolen tools like pipe levels, laser levels and saws from Badger Development, a Kennewick-based landscape contractor, and attempted to sell them. Deputies said he is a former employee of the business.
Charges have been filed to the Benton County Prosecutor’s Office and a warrant has been requested for his arrest.
Thomas is believed to be in the Leavenworth area.
- Woman who befriended many Walla Walla cancer patients dies at 96
- Kids help rescue terribly skinny cat in West Richland
- Police say Calif. school shooter dies of his injuries
- Oregon grocery manager shot and killed, police arrest fired worker
- Yakima author partners with bookstore to provide Thanksgiving meals for the homeless