WAPATO, Wash. - A medical emergency at Wapato Middle School prompted the school to go on lockdown Wednesday afternoon, according to school district spokesperson Mike Balmelli.
Balmelli said seven students were involved. Four of them were taken to the hospital as a precaution and three were released to their parents. Balmelli said none of them were in medical distress.
The school was on a modified lockdown from 12:25 p.m. to 1:45 p.m. not for the safety of the whole school, but to protect the students who required medical attention, Balmelli said.
No details about the medical emergency were released. Social media reports saying the emergency is linked to LSD have not been confirmed.
This is a developing story.
- Police: Burglar steals jewelry while great grandmother sleeps nearby
- Washington state seismologists propose new tracking sensors
- Young West Valley Fire cadet dies after having a medical emergency
- Kennewick firefighters raising money to restore 1935 fire truck
- Spokane man convicted of killing ex's new boyfriend sentenced to life in prison