The Spokane County Prosecuting Attorney has dropped a first-degree murder charge against Richard Aguirre, a former officer with the Pasco Police Department.
In 2015, he was charged in the 1986 killing of Ruby Doss in Spokane based on DNA linked to the crime scene.
On Wednesday, Deputy Prosecuting Attorney John Driscoll Jr. said the case was dropped because of a lack of evidence, according to court documents.
Aguirre was also found not guilty of a rape charge in Franklin County earlier this year, which sparked a major feud among his family members.
- 7 injured including baby in Highway 12 crash
- Life Flight Network celebrates 40 years of saving lives
- 40 Davis High School students participate in NASA camp
- 'I can't believe he would have that.' Neighbor reacts to dynamite found in College Place home
- Two local health-care entities receive $1.2 million in federal grants