The Spokane County Prosecuting Attorney has dropped a first-degree murder charge against Richard Aguirre, a former officer with the Pasco Police Department.
In 2015, he was charged in the 1986 killing of Ruby Doss in Spokane based on DNA linked to the crime scene.
On Wednesday, Deputy Prosecuting Attorney John Driscoll Jr. said the case was dropped because of a lack of evidence, according to court documents.
Aguirre was also found not guilty of a rape charge in Franklin County earlier this year, which sparked a major feud among his family members.
'I am...fashionable to hate': Immigrant moves crowd at local Islamic Center
Echo councilman leaves meeting when asked about child porn conviction (VIDEO)
- Echo councilman leaves meeting when asked about child porn conviction (VIDEO)
- Jose Cuervo parent company buys Pendleton whiskey for $205M
- Yakima police looking for man who shot at bounty hunters
- Pasco domestic assault suspect leads police on nationwide manhunt
- Slick conditions cause morning accidents