The Spokane County Prosecuting Attorney has dropped a first-degree murder charge against Richard Aguirre, a former officer with the Pasco Police Department.
In 2015, he was charged in the 1986 killing of Ruby Doss in Spokane based on DNA linked to the crime scene.
On Wednesday, Deputy Prosecuting Attorney John Driscoll Jr. said the case was dropped because of a lack of evidence, according to court documents.
Aguirre was also found not guilty of a rape charge in Franklin County earlier this year, which sparked a major feud among his family members.
- COMING UP ON GMNW @5: It's Adam West Day!
- Walla Walla to celebrate Adam West today
- A common sight for drivers in the Tri-Cities is being celebrated this week
- Former star QB Jason Gesser resigns from WSU amid sexual misconduct allegations
- WSP is using a new tool to map out car accident scenes for investigations