TOLLGATE, Ore. - UPDATE (1:45 p.m.) - ODOT has reopened the highway. However, the shoulder remains closed.
Workers are attempting to clear Tollgate Highway after heavy snow and winds knocked down multiple trees and branches onto the highway.
OR 204 is closed from Summerville Road to the Spout Springs ski area (milepost 22 to 36). ODOT closed the highway Saturday afternoon as they worked to remove nearly 150 downed trees from the road.
They're also trying to trim and take down other trees that pose a threat to highway safety.
ODOT is advising drivers to use other routes, but to stay on main highways because other roads may not be plowed.
- Victoria's Secret slump continues
- Burger King running out of zesty sauce in global horseradish shortage
- Need health insurance? Yakima organization helps with open enrollment applications
- Police: Boy charged with sexually assaulting girl during field trip at Yakima pool
- Vaping bans, taxes cause local vape shops to shutter their doors