YAKIMA, Wash. - A new restaurant has opened up in Yakima — with an unusual view.
Located in the old Yakima airport terminal building, Reno's on the Runway is literally on the runway and features patio views of planes taking flight.
Reno Foster and Staci of Staci's Catering have been working on the place since November, topping their plans off with their grand opening Tuesday.
Reno says they're excited to finally have the restaurant up and running.
"We wanna bring this airport back," Reno said. "We're trying to make it more of a popular fly-in spot for all the pilots."
Located off of 16th Avenue near the McAllister Museum of Aviation, the restaurant serves wraps, salads, scones, muffins and other grab-and-go-goodies.
The eatery even has a special entrance for pilots who want to hop of their plane and grab a bite to eat without having to leave the airport.
Reno's on the Runway is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday to Saturday.
- Comedians Jo Koy, Brian Regan coming to Tri-Cities
- 'Sara, if you are listening, please come home': Family of missing Spokane teen begs for her return
- Neo-Nazi group posts flyers outside of Spokane church
- Tractor dangles off embankment following crash; traffic slow along I-82 in Plymouth
- Woman crashes in Benton County while trying to avoid animal