PASCO, Wash. - Pasco School District will be opening a new elementary school this year.
Three Rivers Elementary will be welcoming over 500 students on Aug. 27. It is located at the intersection of Road 84 and Massey Dr.
Construction on the 72,000 square foot building started last August and crews are finishing up this week. The school will house 36 classrooms, a gym, cafeteria and all-inclusive designed playground.
Jamie Bacon will be the school's principal and says she's excited to welcome all the new students.
"We want to create a safe place for our students," Bacon said. "We want joy, love all those kinds of things to happen for our kids."
Students and parents are invited to check out the new school and meet teachers on Monday, Aug. 26 from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- UAW's GM strike could be hard to solve
- Yakima County Homeless Coalition condenses its 5-year plan goals
- City of Yakima to hold a solar panel workshop in Spanish next week
- National Child Passenger Safety Week: is your child's car seat properly installed?
- College Place teen allegedly plotted school attack for Columbine shooting anniversary