YAKIMA, Wash. - In Yakima County, digging a well will cost you.
County Commissioners decided that residents installing a new rural domestic well in unincorporated areas of Yakima County will have to pay a one-time fee of $1,150.
Officials said they need the plan to make sure the county doesn't run out of water.
The fee will kick in, January 2nd next year.
- St. Helens permit sales re-open Monday after website crash
- DEQ: Contaminants found in wells on Oregon's north coast
- Richland man follows dream to become sculptor after suffering back injury
- Porter's BBQ serving free meals all day for Mar. 8 grand opening
- Officials: Trolley driver paid man $2K to attack him on job