An Okanogan Fire District #3 firefighter was injured on Sunday while battling the Spring Coulee Fire.
According to the fire department, the firefighter was treated by Lifeline Ambulance before being airlifted from the scene to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
Details of the incident, and the condition of the firefighter are not being released yet as the investigation gets underway.
The Spring Coulee Fire grew to 142 acres on Sunday, and was contained by about 5:30 p.m.
The exact cause of the fire is still under investigation by the Department of Natural Resources.
- Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinics prepare for 2019-20 flu season
- Three people transported to hospital after crash at State Route 240 and Aaron Drive
- SR 410 and SR 123 closed because of winter conditions and mudslide
- Police arrest woman for DUI after she crashes into wall at Kennewick home
- Chicago strike means day off for some, emergency for others