UMATILLA COUNTY, Ore. - UPDATE (9:50) - The Umatilla County Sheriff's Office has confirmed that both bodies have been recovered
Both bodies were recovered underwater in the area where they went missing. A woman's body was found around 8 p.m. About 30 minutes later, a man's body was recovered.
The Columbia Basin Dive Rescue Team confirmed with KAPP-KVEW that one body of the missing Umatilla County boaters has been recovered. The other person has been located and will be recovered tonight.
They say one body was located near Hat Rock. Sheriff's deputies have been searching for Janice Arsenault and Trenton Williams since Saturday night.
Deputies say they were riding on the dive step of a boat before they went missing near Bobby's Beach along Highway 730.
Richard Kirkendall, the driver, said he didn't notice they were gone before he got back to the shore.
The search for Arsenault and Williams began with resources from Umatilla, Benton and Franklin counties, including the Columbia Basin Dive Rescue Team. Sonar equipment was brought in to search the bottom of the river.
'I am...fashionable to hate': Immigrant moves crowd at local Islamic Center
Local leaders call for Rep. Matt Shea's resignation on heels of Guardian report
- Local leaders call for Rep. Matt Shea's resignation on heels of Guardian report
- New report outlines Yakima's role in detention and deportation pipeline
- Pasco PD: Victim helps police set up man who stole his motorcycle
- Kennewick teachers say they want to be paid as much as teachers in Pasco, Richland
- New control room completed at Hanford's Vit Plant