HANFORD, Wash. - Officials have identified the man who died in a deadly crash this morning in Hanford.
Benton County Coroner Bill Leach said the 56-year-old Rajaopal Ganapathy of Richland was killed in the head-on crash that happened just after 6 a.m. He worked at Hanford.
According to the Benton County Sheriff's Office, it happened within the Hanford site on Route 4 near Army Loop Road. A vehicle was traveling northbound and switched lanes to pass several cars.
It eventually collided with another car that was heading southbound.
Ganapathy died in the crash and the other driver was transported to Kadlec with non-life threatening injuries.
Deputies have not said which car Ganapathy was inside of at the time of the crash.
- Tri-Cities sports feasibility study recommends potential sites, facilities in each city
- Mental health professionals to now be on 24/7 with Tri-Cities law enforcement
- Benton PUD asking customers to round up their change to help others with electric bill
- Report: Cougar spotted chasing coyote at Richland golf course
- Report of Pasco shooting leads to arrest for car theft