KITTITAS COUNTY, Wash. - One person is dead following a two-car collision in Kittitas County on Sunday night.
According to Washington State Patrol, 24-year-old Jacob McDonald of Ellensburg was driving north on SR-97 while 43-year-old Jeremy Long of Pasco was driving on the same road south.
That's when McDonald apparently lost control, spun out, and came to rest facing west in the southbound lane.
Long then struck McDonald's vehicle, and they both came to rest in the southbound lane.
McDonald was pronounced dead at Central Washington Hospital.
Long was injured and transported to the hospital. His passenger, 44-year-old April Long, was also injured and taken to the hospital.
- Pasco shooting leaves man critically injured; gunman on the run
- CVS faces penalty for failing to redeem recyclable containers
- Why top investors think it's time to dump US stocks
- From Yakima to L.A.: Designer, activist seeks to inspire local students to follow their dreams
- Study: Proposed outdoor pool in East Yakima could cost upward of $7 million