KITTITAS COUNTY, Wash. - One person is dead following a two-car collision in Kittitas County on Sunday night.
According to Washington State Patrol, 24-year-old Jacob McDonald of Ellensburg was driving north on SR-97 while 43-year-old Jeremy Long of Pasco was driving on the same road south.
That's when McDonald apparently lost control, spun out, and came to rest facing west in the southbound lane.
Long then struck McDonald's vehicle, and they both came to rest in the southbound lane.
McDonald was pronounced dead at Central Washington Hospital.
Long was injured and transported to the hospital. His passenger, 44-year-old April Long, was also injured and taken to the hospital.
- Three people transported to hospital after crash at State Route 240 and Aaron Drive
- SR 410 and SR 123 closed because of winter conditions and mudslide
- Police arrest woman for DUI after she crashes into wall at Kennewick home
- Chicago strike means day off for some, emergency for others
- Firefighters contain fire at Zintel Canyon