SPRINGFIELD, Ore. (AP) - A Springfield woman who saved a man from drowning in 2016 has died in a vehicle crash.
Police said Reynee Cicero died Saturday morning, days after she crashed her pickup on Highway 126 near Walterville, an unincorporated community in Lane County.
The Register-Guard reports that it featured Cicero in an article in June 2016 after she saved a man's life in the Willamette River. Cicero pulled the man from the water after seeing him struggling.
She said at the time: "I didn't think anybody else noticed, so I just kind of ran in after him as he was kind of screaming for his life."
- Minivan blows through fence in Kennewick crash
- Tar cakes tires, slows commute on New Jersey highway
- Retirement community donates $6,000 to Safe Harbor's homeless teen program
- Tri-City Americans tour cancer center ahead of breast cancer awareness game
- Police: Man's target practice leaves bulletholes in walls