UMATILLA COUNTY, Ore. - An Oregon woman is being charged on several counts, including felony manslaughter after a single-vehicle crash Sunday morning.
Veronica Andrade, 39, of Boardman, is being held by the Umatilla County Sheriff's Office on several charges including driving under the influence of intoxicants and first-degree manslaughter.
At 3:16 a.m., Oregon State Troopers and emergency responders arrived at a single vehicle crash on I-84 near milepost 175.
Andrade was driving eastbound in a 2003 Cadillac CTS when she drove onto the right shoulder of the road and rolled the vehicle.
A 7-month-old child was ejected from the vehicle and died. A 3-year-old was flown to Randall Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel in Portland with critical injuries.
Andrade was treated for injuries at Good Sheppard Medical Center then taken to the Umatilla County Jail. She is being held on $525,000 bail.
- Injured owl saved by Walla Walla County corporal, Blue Mountain Wildlife
- Fight leads to Pasco house fire, injuring one man
- At lease one shooting, two gunshot victims Saturday night in Yakima
- Firefighters investigating cause of a residential fire in Richland
- Advocates already see fallout from immigration rule change