BENTON COUNTY, Wash. - A dog found dead after being tied to a pole and abandoned near the McNary Dam was reportedly stolen out of Hermiston, according to Benton County deputies.
The Benton County Sheriff’s Office said they were notified on Tuesday afternoon by somebody who found the dog while walking on the Washington side of the dam.
The dog had up-to-date tags, so deputies were able to contact the owner, who lives in Hermiston, said Lt. Matthew Clark.
The owner told deputies that two of her dogs were stolen from their kennels between Dec. 27 and Dec. 29. The second dog, described as a black pit bull-Labrador mix with a white belly, white font paws and a blue collar, is still missing.
The sheriff’s office is asking for any information that could help Hermiston police investigate the theft of the dogs and the cause of death of the one found deceased.
You can call your local animal control with any relevant information.
- Local nonprofit empowering autistic students hosts open house this week
- Blake Shelton bringing 'Friends and Heroes' tour to Spokane
- Washington woman allegedly beat 7-year-old stepdaughter with a bat
- Man arrested on felony warrant after standoff on hill near Yakima Fred Meyer
- Hundreds of Kadlec nurses may vote to go on strike