PASCO, Wash. -- A Pasco man was sentenced to 12 years in prison Tuesday for the murder of Michelle Hudnall, a West Richland mother found dead by the Columbia River in July 2018.
Benny Lozano Jr. pleaded guilty to first-degree manslaughter as part of a plea deal between the prosecution and defense. He was originally charged with second-degree murder, according to Franklin County Prosecuting Attorney Shawn Sant.
Hudnall, 40, went missing in May 2018, but her body wasn't found until July 5, when authorities said her remains were found on Carbody Beach north of Pasco.
Florentino Jai Castillo, Guadalupe Sanchez and Lozano were arrested shortly after Hudnall's was found.
Sanchez was accused of helping Castillo and Lozano get rid of Hudnall's body by wrapping it in a tarp and tossing it into the river. She was sentenced to 15 months in jail in May after pleading guilty to rendering criminal assistance.
Castillo is awaiting trial for second-degree murder, which is scheduled to begin in September.
- Suspects attempt to steal car near Wapato before fleeing from police, igniting chase
- Yakima County Homeless Coalition condenses its 5-year plan goals
- 'No guns in store' rules hard to enforce
- WATCH GMNW LIVE: www.yaktrinews.com/video
- Troopers: Richland woman injured in crash after failing to stop at red light