PASCO, Wash. -- Officers arrested a Yakima man who was caught sleeping in a stolen car in a Pasco neighborhood early Tuesday morning.
A concerned citizen called police from the 100 block of N. Douglas Ave. at 2:42 a.m. to report that a suspicious sports car that was not from the neighborhood had parked near their home.
When police arrived, they found 27-year-old Wilbert Sanchez sleeping in a blue 2007 Ford Mustang that had been reported stolen out of Toppenish.
Police were able to see a pistol case inside the car at the time of the arrest. They obtained a search warrant for the vehicle and found a pistol that was stolen out of Yakima with live ammunition.
Sanchez was arrested on a charge of possession of a stolen vehicle. He's been booked at the Franklin County Jail.
'I am...fashionable to hate': Immigrant moves crowd at local Islamic Center
Puppies play the day away at Franklin Pool in Yakima
- Puppies play the day away at Franklin Pool in Yakima
- Police looking for felony suspect, may be in Prosser or Grandview
- Police: Man's pickup truck stolen while he was stealing from Kennewick business
- KSD still has no deal with its teachers after meeting all weekend
- Kennewick car show donates all proceeds to Tri-Cities Food Bank