PASCO, Wash. -- A man is accused of threatening to kill officers with a bow and arrow and telling his mom he was going cut her throat while she slept, Pasco police say.
Officers showed up to a home Sunday night for a report of a young man threatening to kill his mother and officers during a family argument.
The mother told the officers her son threatened use a bow and arrow.
Inside the house, police found the suspect's adult brother trying to keep him away from a compound hunting bow and three arrows on the floor nearby. The officers said he appeared "highly intoxicated."
With a Taser ready, officers said they used a neck restraint hold to debilitate the suspect before taking him into custody. The suspect allegedly tried to resist as police were putting handcuffs on him.
Further investigation revealed that the suspect had punched his mom and brother, and that he threatened to cut his mom's throat as she slept. A pocket knife and a bottle of apparent prescription medication with the label torn off were recovered at the scene.
The suspect was booked at the Franklin County Jail for suspicion of felony threats to kill. More charges may be pending.
Police did not release his name out of respect for the family.
- Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinics prepare for 2019-20 flu season
- Three people transported to hospital after crash at State Route 240 and Aaron Drive
- SR 410 and SR 123 closed because of winter conditions and mudslide
- Police arrest woman for DUI after she crashes into wall at Kennewick home
- Chicago strike means day off for some, emergency for others