PIERCE COUNTY, Wash. - Two toddlers and their mother are dead in an apparent triple homicide-suicide early Tuesday morning. The Pierce County Sheriff's Office reported that the suspect is the father, who committed suicide after calling 911 and stating he was responsible for the homicides.
The children, one boy and one girl, were both under five years old. The incident happened in the 5700 block of 209th St. SE near Graham.
Arriving officers were unable to get a response from inside the home.
When officers eventually entered the house, they found the bodies of a man, a woman and their two children -- a boy and a girl under 5 years old.
Police said the father was a member of the Air Force who was stationed at Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
- House kills superintendent budget amid reading test debate
- CWU's Puzzle Room hopes to draw more students to its Museum of Culture and Environment
- Woman won't face charges in I-5 road rage shooting death
- Valley Mall is hosting its Silent Bunny event for children with special needs
- Dozer Day is coming to Yakima this weekend