A 50-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of arson after he allegedly threw a "ball of fire" at the porch of a Grandview home.
According to police, the house's garage was heavily damaged in the fire and two cars were completely destroyed.
Jose Antonio Aranda Saldana initially told police he accidentally lit some papers on fire and that's how the garage caught fire, but later said he lit the fires because it would turn to gold.
Police said they found more than a dozen fires started in the home.
An investigation is still underway.
- Man arrested on felony warrant after standoff on hill near Yakima Fred Meyer
- Hundreds of Kadlec nurses may vote to go on strike
- Police arrest student for allegedly making threats toward Richland High
- Comedians Jo Koy, Brian Regan coming to Tri-Cities
- 'Sara, if you are listening, please come home': Family of missing Spokane teen begs for her return