KENNEWICK, Wash.-- A man has been arrested for animal cruelty after a woman said she witnessed him sexually assaulting a beaver in Columbia Park late Monday night.
The woman said she saw someone run the animal over with a car and then tried to help it by wrapping it in a towel before going home to get a container to put it in.
The woman claims she returned to the site about 30 minutes later and found a man on top of the beaver with his pants unzipped.
The witness then called police to report the incident.
When officers arrived, they arrested 35-year old Richard Delp, who was also found to be in possession of suspected methamphetamine.
He is facing charges of animal cruelty and possession of a methamphetamine.
The witness said the beaver did not survive.
- Rio's Weekend Preview: Superhero Fun Run, 10th Annual Dunham Days and Prosser Beer and Whiskey Fest
- Kennewick School District, teachers union bargaining continues Friday
- Suspected DUI driver injured in Yakima Co. crash, transported to Harborview Medical Center
- Local 15-year-old's booming slime business
- WATCH LIVE www.yaktrinews.com/video