YAKIMA, Wash. - A 15-year-old boy has been charged with third-degree rape after police say he sexually assaulted a girl Saturday at the newly opened YMCA & Yakima Rotary Aquatic Center.
The girl was reportedly swimming in the lazy river when police say the boy touched her inappropriately, multiple times, court documents said.
Police say the two were on a field trip from Two Rivers Landing, a residential evaluation and treatment facility for young people.
Authorities say they've been made aware of several other incidents where the boy has been accused of inappropriate sexual behavior toward the victim.
- Rio's Weekend Preview: Hometown Holiday Parade, Santa Con, Lighted Boat Parade and WinterFest
- State Supreme Court rules new car tab law won't go into effect just yet
- Chipotle puts farmers under contracts to prevent carne asada shortages
- Meet the Kennewick Olive Garden server with the angelic voice
- Kadlec lights Giving Tree for two local organizations