HILLSBORO, Ore. (AP) - Police in Hillsboro say a teenager was found dead in a swimming pool after a swim practice.
Sgt. Eric Bunday said Thursday that 14-year-old victim Nabila Maazouz died late Wednesday after being discovered in the pool at Shute Park Aquatic & Recreation Center.
She was a freshman at the Oregon Episcopal School and a member of the Liberty High School swim team, which had been practicing.
Bunday says the team finished its practice and had pulled the cover over the pool before anyone noticed Maazouz was missing.
She was spotted about 30 minutes later after a search of the facility.
Lifeguards and paramedics were not able to resuscitate her.
Bunday says authorities still haven't determined if Maazouz drowned before or after the pool cover was put on the pool.
Information from: The Oregonian/OregonLive, http://www.oregonlive.com
- California governor rejects PG&E's plan
- Woman discovers $37 million deposited into her personal bank account
- Pasco Chamber of Commerce putting local nonprofits on display
- Franklin County deputies involved in fatal shooting return to work
- White Pass opens Saturday after getting 18 inches of snow in 24 hours