PASCO, Wash. -- A woman's sneaky attempt to steal from Walmart appears to have backfired.
Police say the woman walked into Walmart's Pasco location empty-handed, picked out a roll-up foam mattress and brought it straight to the customer service desk to return it. The incident happened on Sunday, July 28 at about 1:30 p.m.
"When you don't have a receipt, which was the case this time because YOU NEVER PAID FOR IT, you get your refund in the form of a gift card," police wrote in a Facebook post.
Police said they'll be ready if the woman returns to Walmart to use her gift card.
In the meantime, they have shared photos of the woman and the car she was driving. Anyone who can identify her should call police on their nonemergency number at 509-628-0333. The case number to reference for the theft is PP19-24494.
Tips can also be emailed to Officer Dillsworth at email@example.com.
- Suspects attempt to steal car near Wapato before fleeing from police, igniting chase
- Yakima County Homeless Coalition condenses its 5-year plan goals
- 'No guns in store' rules hard to enforce
- WATCH GMNW LIVE: www.yaktrinews.com/video
- Troopers: Richland woman injured in crash after failing to stop at red light