YAKIMA, Wash. - After months of investigation, the origin of a fire that forced dozens of people out of their downtown Yakima apartment complex cannot be determined.
The Yakima fire department said that the fire on October 28th at the Savoy apartments started on or near a bed inside a third floor apartment.
A man walking to get a haircut at a business on the first floor saw the smoke and quickly reported it, preventing injuries and the fire from spreading.
Investigators said there was no evidence this was arson.
- Students sent home over bomb scare at Milton-Freewater high school
- Senators press self-driving car industry on forced arbitration after Uber crash
- Man who evaded police for 25 years guilty of manslaughter
- COMING UP ON GMNW @ 5: It's National Puppy Day! Bary is LIVE with puppies
- Dental hygiene program is looking for patients