PEMBROKE PINES, Florida - Here's your awww moment of the day.
A little boy who was stuck in the Bahamas when Hurricane Dorian hit went back to school Monday to a warm welcome - and big hugs - from his friends.
Clearly, they missed three-year-old Makai Simmons while he was gone.
The little boy and his mom Capron were visiting family in the Bahamas when the storm hit.
They rode it out at her grandparents' house.
Then on Friday, after waiting 13 hours in line, Capron and Makai were able to get on a cruise ship back to the U.S.
Quite the journey home, and quite the welcome home, from these preschoolers.
- Federal tax extension deadline is Tuesday
- Man accused of hit-and-run that killed Pasco father pleads not guilty
- Central Washington State Fair announces its new president
- Former Paw Spa owner accused of animal abuse has trial set for January
- Benton Co. Sheriff Jerry Hatcher appears in court amid domestic violence accusations