PROSSER, Wash. -- Silvestre Fuentes Sr., the man accused of murdering his wife in Prosser over the weekend, has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder.
Fuentes, 55, appeared in Benton County Superior Court for his arraignment Monday afternoon. A judge set his bail at $500,000.
The Benton County Sheriff's Office said Fuentes shot and killed his wife, Graciela Gomez, at their home in the 17000 block of N. 1083 PR NW on Saturday, Aug. 10.
Fuentes allegedly fled from the scene in a red Ford Bronco before being captured in Union Gap. He was not with the Bronco at the time of his arrest.
The vehicle was later recovered from behind a business on West First Street in Toppenish.
Fuentes is lodged at the Benton County Jail.
- JUST IN: Suspect arrested in attack of 80-year-old woman, police officer in Yakima
- Puppies play the day away at Franklin Pool in Yakima
- Police looking for felony suspect, may be in Prosser or Grandview
- Police: Man's pickup truck stolen while he was stealing from Kennewick business
- KSD still has no deal with its teachers after meeting all weekend