RICHLAND, Wash. - An investigation is underway to find a man and woman who allegedly tried to lure a Carmichael Middle School girl into a pickup Monday afternoon as she was waiting for her ride.
Around 4:30 p.m., a man parked next to a girl, rolled down his window and asked if she needed a ride. When she declined, a woman got out of the passenger side and told her she “needed a ride” and demanded her to “get into the vehicle,” police said.
The girl refused and her ride showed up around the same time. The woman took off on foot eastbound toward Wellsian Way, police said.
The man is described as a white male between the ages of 45 and 55 with grey hair and a grey beard. Officers did not get a description of the woman.
Police said they were driving a red 90s Toyota pickup with two doors and luggage in the bed.
If you have any information about this incident please call 509-628-0333.
- Woman dead, two injured in Wapato crash
- COMING UP ON GMNW @5: Slick conditions for your morning commute, Bary is LIVE with road conditions
- 2 men sentenced to prison for cutting tree in Olympic National Park
- Canine influenza spreads to East Idaho
- Animal overpass project now visible to I-90 westbound motorists