UNION GAP, Wash. - The Yakima Valley Office of Emergency Management along with Columbia Asphalt and the Department of Natural Resources decided to close down Thorp Road in Union Gap after monitoring the hillside.
The closure is between Birchfield and Gangl.
Their priority is to keep everyone safe especially people who live near the hillside.
Thorp Road will remain closed until further notice.
- Costco co-founder's scholarships awarded to local students
- E.Z Tiger, an Asian-inspired restaurant, arrives in Yakima
- Homeowner finds naked intruder in her tub, eating Cheetos
- West Valley fire causes $100K in damage, 1 firefighter injured
- Retirement readiness: Hitting the retirement preparation sweet spot