KENNEWICK, Wash. - Sears announced plans to close 80 more stores nationwide, including the company’s sole Tri-Cities store.
Sears Holdings, which operates Sears and Kmart, had nearly 700 stores when the company filed for bankruptcy on October 15.
Struggling to stay in business, the company had already slated 182 Sears and Kmart stores to close.
The additional 80 stores will close by March 2019.
The Tri-Cities Sears is located inside the Columbia Center Mall at 1321 N. Columbia Center Blvd in Kennewick.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Richland man arrested twice in two days for bizarre series of crimes
- Patriots safety Patrick Chung indicted on cocaine possession charge
- Video contradicts suspect in 'Stand Your Ground' trial
- Spokane Police officer will not face charges in deadly shooting
- 80 indicted in international fraud, money laundering scheme