YAKIMA, Wash. - A Selah man is accused of brutally assaulting a woman for hours at her apartment, leaving her with severe head injuries. Police said his motivation was likely sexual.
The Yakima Herald-Republic reports that Marion Thrasher has been charged with first-degree assault and burglary.
The 32-year-old victim told officers she’d known him for about five or six days at the time of the incident.
On Sunday night, she asked him to pick up some cigarettes at a convenience store near her apartment on South Naches Avenue. When he got back, he allegedly choked her and stomped on her face, throat and stomach for more than three hours, according to reports.
Officers found him breaking windows at the victim’s apartment with a clown mask on when they arrived. Thrasher tried to run. They tackled him to the ground.
The same man is accused of ramming a Yakima patrol car last year. Police said he backed up his Ford Bronco into the patrol car on Aug. 17, 2016 during a traffic stop.
He’s also accused of assaulting two officers, kicking one and kicking a car door into another officer’s face.
After his first arrest, police said he tried to hit a nurse at a local hospital.
He’s being held at the Yakima County jail on numerous felony charges.
- Driver arrested in DUI crash, passenger airlifted Harborview
- Woman's body found, seeking help for mother-in-law after car accident
- Kittitas County Sheriff's Deputies arrest murder suspect in death of Stephanie Curtis
- COMING UP ON GMNW @5: Coug Nation is mourning the loss of one of their own, hear from teammates
- Washington State quarterback Tyler Hilinski found dead in apartment