SELAH, Wash. -- Deputies arrested a Selah man on Thursday for allegedly causing a fatal crash while high on Oxycodone back in June.
Yakima County deputies say Thomas Dale Withrow, 57, was driving northbound on North Wenas Road on June 14 when he crossed the centerline and struck another vehicle's the driver-side door at Lampe Road.
The other driver, 81-year-old Diane Margery Leitz, was transported to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle where she died five days later as a result of blunt-force trauma from the crash.
The sheriff's office was granted a search warrant for Withrow's blood, which tested positive for Oxycodone at the Washington State Toxicology lab, deputies said.
Withrow was booked into the Yakima County Jail for charges of vehicular homicide. He has since been released from jail on a pre-trial services program.
- Benton PUD asking customers to round up their change to help others with electric bill
- Mental health professionals to now be on 24/7 with Tri-Cities law enforcement
- Report: Cougar spotted chasing coyote at Richland golf course
- Report of Pasco shooting leads to arrest for car theft
- Spokane's first Texas Roadhouse is now hiring