FRANKLIN CO. Wash. - - Two semi's crashed just after 4:00 a.m. Wednesday morning closing the northbound lanes of Highway 395 for hours.
WSP and Franklin County Sheriffs Deputies responded to the crash just south of Eltopia near milepost 30.
Troopers say one semi driven by 46-year-old Gregorio Barrera was pulling on to the highway from the weigh station when another semi driven by 33-year-old Nicola Zaytsev rear-ended Barrera's truck as it was gaining speed.
Cars were backed up for miles for over two hours while the crash was investigated and cleared. One truck was carrying potato sludge which spilled making a slippery mess on the road.
Both semi drivers complained of injuries and were transported to Lourdes Medical Center.
Zaytsev will be charged with 2nd degree negligent driving.
- Injured owl saved by Walla Walla County corporal, Blue Mountain Wildlife
- Fight leads to Pasco house fire, injuring one man
- Firefighters investigating cause of a residential fire in Richland
- Advocates already see fallout from immigration rule change
- Firefighters working on burn out operations at a fire near Meals and Ayers Rd