ROYAL CITY, Wash. -- A 5-year-old girl died as a result of smoke inhalation during a mobile home fire in Royal City on Sunday, the Grant County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday.
The coroner's office completed the girl's autopsy Tuesday morning.
Police and firefighters responded to the fire at 133 Catalpa Ave. at about 3:12 a.m. Sunday. By the time they arrived, two trailers were fully involved and a third had started catching fire.
All three trailers were a total loss.
The sheriff's office says donations are being accepted for funeral costs and housing needs. Those who are interested in helping can drop off cash or checks at New Life Church in Royal City.
The checks should be written to "Community Hugs," the organization helping them out.
Deputies say donors should specify if your donation is for funeral expenses or housing needs, as there are several families affected by this tragedy.
- PD: Woman punches Home Depot loss prevention officer, drops phone while running away
- 'Game of Thrones' actor filming new movie in Spokane
- Port of Pasco approves new commercial buildings, construction to start in spring
- Coroner: WSU student died 4 hours before 1st 911 call
- "Cookie Monster": Man breaks window of West Richland restaurant, steals cookies