FRANKLIN COUNTY, Wash. - The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office has seized about 70,000 marijuana plants from illegal grow operations in September.
On Monday, Sept. 16, teams comprised of the sheriff’s office and the Washington State Patrol Eradication Narcotics Enforcement seized more than 26,000 mature plants off of Hendricks, Juniper, Olympia and Russell roads.
The plants were grown in cornfields to be hidden between the crops.
During the operation, deputies also seized 500 pounds of processed marijuana that was being prepared for shipment.
- Kennewick Police investigating reports of gunshots fired
- Even an unusual Trump-Powell meeting can't spook investors right now
- Allbirds criticizes Amazon lookalike shoe
- Suspect arrested six years after police say he watched a woman get beaten, robbed and shot at
- Tri-Cities man beats out hundreds to win $50,000 smile makeover