YAKIMA, Wash. (AP) - The Kittitas County Sheriff's Office says a woman who was found dead in the Yakima Canyon was shot.
The Yakima Herald reports that 34-year-old Stephanie Curtis was found on Sunday Jan. 7 in the canyon along State Route 821 near milepost 21.
Yakima County sheriff's detectives are working with local law enforcement to piece together the 48 hours leading up to her death, according to Undersheriff Clay Myers.
Curtis was born and raised in Wapato. She was a member of the Catholic Church who enjoyed taking walks, spending time with her kids and drinking her coffee, according to her obituary.
She's survived by her three kids and numerous brothers and sisters.
Colonial Funeral Home is in charge of her burial arrangements.
- Richland man who killed girlfriend in brutal LSD-fueled rage gets 18 years
- Semi driver falls asleep and rolls on I-90 outside of Ellensburg
- Man crashes into Grandview building, abandons dangling car
- Woman dead, two injured in Wapato crash
- COMING UP ON GMNW @5: Slick conditions for your morning commute, Bary is LIVE with road conditions