RICHLAND, Wash. - A judge has ordered a Spokane man to 20 years in a federal prison following a guilty plea.
Jonathan Holden pleaded guilty in a federal courtroom on Monday to attempted enticement of a minor, two counts of production of child pornography and one count attempted production of child pornography.
Last February, police say Holden drove from the Spokane area to meet an underage girl for sex in Richland.
He was caught by Richland police after an undercover officer with the Southeast Regional Internet Crimes Against Children Taskforce responded to an ad Holden posted on Craigslist.
The officer posed as a 13-year-old girl, telling 43-year-old Holden to meet at a Richland park. Holden went along with the plan and that's where he was met by police. According to court documents, Holden also sent messages talking about taking the girl back to his hotel room for oral sex.
Holden's sentence is set to be served concurrently, pending a case's outcome in Benton County Superior Court. When released, he will be under supervision for 20 years.
Two other charges against Holden were dismissed.
- Online purchase scams in Washington more than doubled in 2018
- Local photographer showcases work in Tri-Cities airport
- Attempted robber slashes victim's thumb with knife at Ice Harbor Brewery
- In Ellensburg, a race for people who hate running, love beer
- Dog found dead after being tied to pole, abandoned