According to the Washington State Department of Transportation, crews have closed State Route 410 and State Route 123 at the seasonal closure points because of a mudslide on SR 410 and winter conditions in the mountains.
On SR 410, that's at the road to Crystal Mountain and Morse Creek. On SR 123, it's at the Mount Rainier National Park arch.
WSDOT said these closures are expected to be temporary and crews will work to reassess, clear and reopen the highways early next week.
Travelers can use US 12 or I-90 as alternate routes but should be prepared for winter conditions during any mountain travel this weekend. Before you go, visit www.wsdot.com/winter.
'I am...fashionable to hate': Immigrant moves crowd at local Islamic Center
Affirmative action measure still losing in latest counts
- Affirmative action measure still losing in latest counts
- WWII vet from Ellensburg celebrates 92nd birthday on Veterans Day
- Pilot rescued by kayakers after small plane lands in Washington lake
- Couple honors military service at Veterans Day Parade in Yakima
- Police name driver who went airborne and crashed onto car in Walla Walla