PROSSER, Wash. - The Prosser Police Department arrested a stabbing suspect following a brief standoff on Monday.
According to officers, Prosser police were called to the Barn RV Park at 490 Wine Country Road to reports of an assault.
When they got there, they found a 61-year-old man who had been stabbed in the chest.
The suspect was identified as 41-year-old Jose Rangel of Sunnyside.
Police say he barricaded himself inside a trailer, and after a brief standoff came outside but was still not complying with officers.
Rangel tried to go back into the trailer, but police Tazed him and he was taken into custody.
The victim was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Rangel was booked for assault, domestic violence and trespass.
- Driver in crash that killed 75-year-old woman in Umatilla County facing DUI, manslaughter charges
- Stolen truck crashes into Kennewick building following police chase
- Woman arrested on suspicion of reckless burning after RV fire in Kennewick
- Student efforts lead Gov. Inslee to declare Family and Consumer Science Day in state
- Kennewick Olive Garden waiter featured on Access Hollywood, TIME