SELAH, Wash. - A Washington State Patrol trooper and a woman were injured in a two-vehicle crash north of Selah on Monday.
The trooper and the other driver were northbound on North Wenas Road when they collided near the intersection of Nagler Road at about 4:20 p.m.
A WSP spokesperson said the trooper was driving to another collision at a high rate of speed when the crash occurred. He was trapped inside his patrol vehicle and had to be extricated.
Both drivers were taken to a local hospital with injuries that did not appear life-threatening. The vehicles were totaled.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
- At lease one shooting, two gunshot victims Saturday night in Yakima
- Firefighters investigating cause of a residential fire in Richland
- Advocates already see fallout from immigration rule change
- Firefighters working on burn out operations at a fire near Meals and Ayers Rd
- Judge blocks killing of surviving wolf pack member