SELAH, Wash. - A Washington State Patrol trooper and a woman were injured in a two-vehicle crash north of Selah on Monday.
The trooper and the other driver were northbound on North Wenas Road when they collided near the intersection of Nagler Road at about 4:20 p.m.
A WSP spokesperson said the trooper was driving to another collision at a high rate of speed when the crash occurred. He was trapped inside his patrol vehicle and had to be extricated.
Both drivers were taken to a local hospital with injuries that did not appear life-threatening. The vehicles were totaled.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
- Man who trolled Pasco PD's Facebook page arrested
- Is wildfire smoke affecting your wine? WSU Tri-Cities researchers are trying to find that out
- First food truck opens at Kennewick's Columbia Gardens wine village
- Man who died in Washington prison linked to 2 cold case murders from the 70s
- Four restaurants from the Yakima Valley are named to be the best Mexican food spots